Administration of Estates
The extent of our probate and estate administration expertise means we can handle everything from large cross-border estates and complex disputes to small administrative tasks that can comprise the distribution of small estates.
Typical areas we help with include:-
- collecting in assets and arranging valuations
- applying for interim grant of probate or letters of administration ad litem
- issuing urgent protective court proceedings to protect estate assets
- obtaining grants of probate, letters of administration or letters of administration with Will annexed
- Sale of land or buildings
- Sale of a business
- Calculation of capital gains tax and payment of same
- engaging with creditors, negotiating and drafting settlement agreements and advising on their implementation.
- advising on the application of Irish succession law, Irish private international law on succession and the EU Succession Regulation as it applies to Irish estates.
- establishment of Will Trusts and advising on the taxation of same
- calculation and payment of inheritance tax
- payment of debts and executor expenses
- issuing proceedings to recover a deceased person’s assets
- distributing the estate to the beneficiaries
- Varying the terms of a Will by Agreement and drafting deeds of Family Arrangement
- Dealing with issues arising in relation to the deceased’s family home and surviving spouse’s right of appropriation of same in satisfaction of his/her legal right share
If you would like to speak with a member of the team you can contact our solicitors on +353 (0)1 213 5940.